"Mixing It Up" will introduce the topic of The Building Digital Workplace, a unique methodology to enable the most efficient and effective investment in technology for built environment professionals. This is an opportunity to gain an inside look at new hardware and software technologies introduced this year by companies in London, Boston and the Silicon Valley. The new technologies - the reality triplets: virtual, augmented and mixed are computer-simulated replications of an environment which can be more effective than viewing a building information 3D model (BIM) on a 2D screen.
Other technologies that will be covered include:
• Drones for building (i.e. roof, façade) and land condition assessment, as well as site selection;
• Project Tango, a Microsoft software and hardware tablet device for mapping the interior of a space including what infrastructure is behind the walls;
• HoloLens, a Google software and hardware wearable device for mixing both virtual and physical reality utilizing BIM software in a real environment;
• RFID and BLE technologies with are fueling the Internet of Everything and allowing machines to talk to machines;
• BIM Collaborative Cloud-based Platform to allow all stakeholders to be working from the same information on a building project;
• Robotics and AI technologies applied to the built environment
- Experience new exciting technologies that you can use to be more productive, more responsive to their customers and have fun at the same time.
- Expand your thinking about technologies created for other industries that may have applicability to the CRE profession.
- Expand your comfort zone with new technologies like mixed, augmented and virtual realities.